In this series of blog posts regarding the Microsoft ASP.Net MVC certification exam 70-486 i will start off with the first main section of skill measured in this exam. The first section is “Design the application architecture”, in this section the first topic is “Plan the application layers”. Below are the tasks measured in this first topic.
Plan the application layers : Plan data access; plan for separation of concerns; appropriate use of models, views, and controllers; choose between client-side and server side processing; design for scalability.
Below are the useful websites which will cover almost all the above tasks.
- ASP.NET MVC Overview
- Simplicity Through Separation
- Clean Separation of Concerns in MVC
- Pros/cons between emphasizing client-side or server-side processing
- Difference between “Client Side” and “Server Side”
- Server Side Vs Client Side
- Entity Framework Development Workflows
- Building a relational data model in ASP.NET MVC 3 w/EF Code First
- EFMVC – ASP.NET MVC 4, Entity Framework 5 Code First and Windows Azure
- Validation attributes in code first
- Database related attributes in Code First
- ASP.NET MVC 4 Models and Data Access
- Demystifying Entity Framework Strategies: Model Creation Workflow
- Improve scalability in ASP.NET MVC using Asynchronous requests
- Improving .NET Application Performance and Scalability
- Web application Performance and Scalability
- Designing for Scalability
- Implementing the Repository and Unit of Work Patterns in an ASP.NET MVC Application
I hope the above list of links will help you all in preparing for the section “Plan the application layers”.